1. Backup your stuff— and that includes everything, even system configuration data. Use multiple external disk drives so you can keep more than one copy.
2. Test those backups! What good is a backup if you can’t restore it? At least once a month you should restore a few random files from the most recent backup to be sure that everything is working. You should also perform a complete system restore once a year.
3. Keep offsite copies of one or more of your external backup drives. This simple step will protect you in the event that your office backup system is stolen or damaged by fire or flood.
4. Use a firewall. The simple fact is that there are thousands of unscrupulous individuals out there who strike randomly by searching the Internet for open, unprotected ports. As soon as they find one, they will attempt to exploit it and gain access to your computer by installing malicious programs. Often a complete reload of the computer is required to recover from this type of attack.
5. Keep all systems up to date with virus protection and critical patches. At the very least scan all computers and apply critical updates on a weekly basis. With many attacks being launched by malicious web sites, you need to be sure your computer is up to date especially if you do a lot of web browsing.
We'll reduce your risk to expensive, frustrating computer problems, downtime, and security threats. You’ll get all the benefits of a local, highly trained, full time IT department at only a fraction of the cost.
One of the primary benefits of our service is the cost savings. You’ll eliminate expensive repairs and recovery costs by minimizing the chance of them occurring in the first place. Since we are a local business, you’ll avoid expensive trip fees and receive faster support. Our unique support method enables us to access and repair most system problems remotely.
So how does faster performance, fewer glitches, and practically zero downtime sound to you? Our preventative maintenance and system monitoring will make sure your computers stay tuned up for maximum speed, performance, and reliability. You will have all of the benefits of a full time computer staff without all of the costs. You’ll also have access to knowledgeable consultants that can be reached immediately should you have any kind of problem or question.